The MDT program is designed for dental technicians (Bachelor or “Zahntechnikermeister”) and dentists who want to acquire highly advanced qualification in the field of dental technology.
Within the program, students gain a deep understanding of assessment procedures, planning and scientific evaluation of complex treatments requiring dental restorations. The program focusses on synergy potentials of different treatment regimes as well as digital optimization of existing therapy options, putting emphasis on scientific aspects.
After successful completion of the program, the graduates will receive the academic title of "Master of Science (MSc.) in Dental Technology".
University graduates need at least three years of professional experience as a dental technician (Bachelor) or as a dentist to be considered for admission.
"Zahntechnikermeister" (or equivalent abroad) need at least four years of professional experience as a dental technician.
Academic qualification/Degree and Licence
Successful applicants to the MDT hold
- a university diploma (Bachelor) - dentists additionally a licence to work as a dentist
- a certificate of qualifying as a "Zahntechnikermeister" or equivalent abroad
The MDT requires applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a degree from a university in which all instruction is in English have to submit one of the following language certificates (or equivalent) along with the application:
The following items are required with your application:
- University Diploma for university graduates or certificate for the "Zahtechnikermeister" examination or equivalent *
- For dentists, the Licence entitling you to practise dentistry in your country*
- Proof of minimum of 3 years relevant professional work experience for university graduates and minimum of 4 years relevant professional work experience for "Zahntechnikermeister" (or equivalent degree)
- Proof of english language skills
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- recommendation letters (from a mentor, professor or employer)
- Passport photo
- where applicable: evidence of guest studies or participation in advanced training at a university
*if applicable: with official translation in English or German
Professionally qualified applicants have to pass an aptitude examination to join the master program in dental technology.
The application for admission to the aptitude examination must be submitted by the 01st of February for enrolment in the summer semester of the same year and by the 01st of august for enrolment in the winter semester of the same year.
In the aptitude examination the applicants must demonstrate a level of knowledge corrosponds to that of a Bachelor degree in Dental Technology or in the same discpline required for the master course in Dental Technology. The aptitude examination consists of awritten part and an oral element and is held in English.