Human Cadaver Course in Vienna
The Human Cadaver Course in Vienna offers our students the opportunity to practice on fresh and not embalmed cadaver heads. Moreover, the course will cover two of three supervised implant surgeries, which are obligatory within the MOI module “Supervision”. The participation at the course is not obligatory though.
This course has been pioneered to meet the specific needs of oral surgeons not only to learn, to plan and perform all kind of standard and advanced techniques in Oral implantology and soft tissue management, but also to update the knowledge in the delicate anatomical structures of the oral cavity.
80 % of the human cadaver course is hands-on based with 20 % live or videotaped dissection/operation (displayed on screen). Everything will be performed step by step. A maximum of two participants will be assigned to a fresh and not embalmed human cadaver skull: a „close to reality“ simulation of the surgical procedures.
Topics of the course
- Advanced and complex cases (external sinus floor elevation, bone block augmentation, general augmentation techniques, harvesting of bone for grafting etc.)
- Soft tissue managment (indications and handling of different soft tissue managment techniques)
- Nerve transposition
- Techniques for tension free closure following augmentation
- Update of anatomical structures
- Troubleshooting and Handling of Failures
- Suture Techniques
- Vertical augmentation with autologous bone
All instruments (soft tissue instruments, standard instruments, drilling machines, piezotome, implants, clinical overall, gloves, surgical mask etc.) will be placed at the disposal. You may also bring your own instruments if you want to try some special ones.