Human Cadaver Course in Vienna
The Human Cadaver Course in Vienna offers our students the opportunity to practice on fresh and not embalmed cadaver heads. The course is an obligatory practical module of the master program in Esthetic Dentistry (MED).
This course has been pioneered to meet the specific needs of oral surgeons and practicing dentists not only to learn, to plan and perform all kind of standard and advanced surgical techniques and soft tissue management, but also to update the knowledge in the delicate anatomical structures of the oral cavity. The focus is on special surgical techniques to improve oral soft tissue esthetics. Furthermore minimal invasive procedures from plastic facial surgery will be demonstrated to provide students with advanced knowledge about potentials and risks.
80 % of the human cadaver course is hands-on based with 20 % live or videotaped dissection/operation (displayed on screen). Everything will be performed step by step.
A maximum of two participants will be assigned to a fresh and not embalmed human cadaver skull: a „close to reality“ simulation of the surgical procedures.
Topics of the course
- Evaluation of the aesthetic appearance of the cadaver patient (in alive patients involving function, wishes of the patient and obvious aesthetic parameters)
- Which procedures, enoral and extraoral, could contribute to better aesthetic outcome.
- What would be the timetable for the different procedures.
- Learning of the underlying anatomical structures which do support the static appearance of the face
- Learning of the underlying anatomical structures which do support the dynamic appearance of the face
- Learn the danger zones and limits of surgical and conservative treatments (Btx and Fillers).
- Performing intraoral soft tissue techniques and also minor facial aesthetic treatments, surgically and conservatively (Btx and Fillers), update and preparation of the intraoral and extraoral anatomical structures
The Human Cadaver course takes place in Vienna/ Austria:
Anatomy Training Centre,
Medical University Vienna,
Waehringer Str. 13
1090 Vienna, Austria
Find more Information about the Anatomy Training Centre
All instruments (soft tissue instruments, standard instruments, drilling machines, piezotome, implants, clinical overall, gloves, surgical mask etc.) will be placed at the disposal. You may also bring your own instruments if you want to try some special ones.